1. Remove bandage in a CLEAN bathroom after 2-3 hours. Bandage may be left on overnight if it feels comfortable and secure. If the bandage is removed on the first night, the tattoo may stick to or stain bed sheets. Maintain clean bedding throughout the healing process (about 2 weeks).
2. After removing bandage, wash the tattoo immediately with warm water and our all natural antibiotic soap. We recommend our brand of aftercare solutions under products. No soap with fragrance moisture beads or scrubs.
PROCESS FOR WASHING A FRESH TATTOO:
3. Only use CLEAN HANDS to wash your tattoo. NO washcloths, bath towels, bath sponges or loofahs on a fresh tattoo.
4. Once the tattoo is dry apply our All Natural Tattoo Balm or AQUAPHOR healing ointment. Apply a thin layer and rub it in, then dab excess off with a clean paper towel. Use the Balm or Aquaphor for the first 2-3 days then switch to our All Natural Cream or regular FRAGRANCE FREE lotion such as Lubriderm, or any other fragrance free brand.
5. Fresh tattoos sometimes “weep” during the first couple of days, meaning that plasma and ink form a thin moist coating on the skin. This can be DABBED with a clean paper towel. Press the paper towel to the skin and remove. Do not wipe the tattoo or be rough with it. Do not panic when you see the colors of the tattoo on the paper towel, or on your hands as you clean it. This is simply excess ink being sloughed from the surface or the skin.
6. Once a day, in the shower, is usually enough cleaning for any new tattoo. Consult your artist if you plan to do any strenuous activity within the first ten days of having your tattoo. Our All Natural Cream or lotion may be applied to the tattoo as it dries out; however, if your skin is extremely sensitive, cream or lotion may cause acne- like break outs. This can be taken care of by reducing the number of cream/lotion applications per day.
7. Wear loose, preferably cotton clothing over the fresh tattoo. The tattoo need not be rebadged except in certain, rare instances. A bra strap, tight waistband, sweaty gym shoe or itchy cotton sweater can potentially create healing problems. Consult your tattoo artist for advice on what clothing to wear/avoid. If you choose to re-bandage your tattoo after washing be sure that only sterile bandages are used.
8. After a few days, the tattoo will begin to form flaky scabs that will fall off on their own. DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH AT YOUR TATTOO. Keep it moisturized and the scabs will slough eventually. Once again, they will be the color of the tattoo. It normally takes 2-4 weeks for a tattoo to completely heal. Please do not consult your friends about healing issues, as everyone’s experience is unique.
OUR URBAN TIPS AND SPECIAL PROMO OFFERS. ALSO PARTY EVENTS.